• 68°

Bernard Lionel Adams

Bernard Lionel Adams was born on April 16, 1916, in Thorsby.
He graduated from Thorsby Institute in 1937, and attended Bowling Green College of Commerce in Bowling Green, Ky. in 1941.
After marrying Alicia May Howerton on Aug. 17, 1941, they moved to Norfolk, Va., where he worked for Pet Dairy Products in the accounting department.
The year of 1942 brought his son, James Milton, into their lives, and in 1943 the family moved to Thorsby, where they owned and managed a 13-cow dairy farm.
With a passion for accounting, he soon sought a location and opened his office in Clanton in 1944. In 1947, his daughter, Alicia Jean, was born.
The family moved to Clanton in 1953. He enjoyed a long career in public accounting serving the area with an office in Clanton and a branch office in Montevallo. He was a 1947 charter member of the Clanton Lions Club, an active Boy Scout leader, and a dedicated member of the First Baptist Church of Clanton since 1953.
He had a loving family, consisting of his wife of 68 years, Alicia May Howerton Adams; a son, James Milton Adams (and his wife, Carolyn); a daughter, Alicia Jean Adams (and her husband, Ron); grandchildren, Tracey Lee Theriot (and her husband, Paul), and Zane Lionel Adams (and his wife, Lisa); great grandchildren, Meagan Lindsay Henderson (and her husband, Andrew), Dylan Tyler Adams, Albert Jean-Paul Theriot and Gabrielle Charisse Theriot; and great great grandchildren, Helayna Ainsley Henderson and Silas Zane Henderson.
His life on this earth ended peacefully on Saturday, Feb. 6, 2010. His life and faith was an inspiration, and he will be greatly missed.
Visitation was held at the First Baptist Church of Clanton at 10 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 9, immediately followed by the service in the sanctuary at 11, with a grave side service at Chilton County Memorial Gardens, Inc.
The family requests in lieu of flowers that donations be made in memory of Bernard L. Adams to the First Baptist Church of Clanton to further its mission and ministry. [First Baptist Church of Clanton, 210 6th Street North, Clanton, Alabama 35045]